Each Bronze Medallion and SRC member must complete proficiencies each year to patrol or compete.
- 200 m Run, 200 m Swim, 200 m Run in less than 8 minutes (Bronze)
- 100 m Run, 100 m Swim, 100 m Run in less than 5 minutes (SRC)
- Signals test
- Complete a board or tube rescue as determined by the assessor
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques (if you hold this certificate)
- IRB Crew (if you hold this certificate)
- IRB Driver (if you hold this certificate)
Skills maintenance online testing
You must complete the online skills maintenance tests – remember you only need to complete what you are awarded in. So, everyone needs to complete the resuscitation and radio, but only do the power craft if you have your crew or drivers’ award.
This is done through your members’ area account (formerly known as Members Portal). If you do not have an account set up yet, please do this, as that is the main form of contact and PLEASE make sure it is up to date with your details.
Proficiency testing dates
Proficiencies for the 2017/18 surf season will be run on Saturdays starting from October 14 and running through until the Christmas break up.
The times are 10am and 11:30am.
If you have any questions please email the Chief Instructor at email@example.com